Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Car themed birthday cake


One of my friend asked me to make the race car themed cake for her sons first birthday. It was a devils food cake with butter cream icing. I used 12'' and 8' cake layers. Also baked extra 9''X13'' cake for making a path. For carving the cake i found instructions on cake central. The color scheme was to match there invitation card. I used store bought cars to keep on the cake.


This is the top view of the cake. I prepared flags from gum paste and used black color food marker for checks. I  made them 4 days ahead so that they will be harder to stand up.


This is the right side view of the cake. For signal i used m&m and just stick them in a fondant.


This is the left side view of the cake. Except cars all the decorations were made from fondant.
This was my first attempt of carving a cake so very pleased with the my work.everyone loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment